The times are changing. It is no longer 1980 or 1995. We are now in 2017. Your business needs to reflect the changing times in your marketing. You cannot rely on the old methods anymore, as unfortunate and sad as that may be. Below, business marketing consultant Lewis Syring shares five ways to ensure your company succeeds in 2017.
1) You have to focus on the mobile applications. 90% of your business will be done via some sort of mobile device. Your strategy needs to cater to this. You cannot stay stuck in the brick and mortar way of life forever. It is not going to help.
There are lots of mobile apps to chose from. You should have no problem finding something that fits your business plan.
2) Using email is still a productive marketing tool. Many think it is too old school. It is not. More people are starting to discard their email tools. Their loss is your gain.
3) You need to increase your visuals. You need to increase your visibility. You will need more video content for this. More people are using videos to get their stuff out. Why do you think youtube is popular? It is a brilliant way to market yourself. Years ago, the Youtube thing was just starting out. Now it seems very commonplace. Use it. Video content is one tool that will never go out of style.
4) Blogging still counts in 2017. You may need to upgrade yours at some point unless you have already done it. Say you have already done this. Say your efforts have been met with mediocre attention at best. You will need to put more effort into this. You get what you put into it. Take your game to the next level. Do you not have the skills? Learn them. Bloggers tend to get more visibility. Take a page from those who are already doing it. There is a great deal of competition in the blogging world. Once you do rise above the rest of the crowd, then you will be a force to be reckoned with.
5) You need to get better with social media. Sorry. Do you want to get seen? You need to be on social media platforms more. Do you want to take your brand to the next level? You need to put yourself out there. Part of this includes being on social media pages.
Find something that fits your lifestyle. Some of you may not be into Facebook. Try something else. Try a platform that not a lot of people are utilizing. You can try Twitter. You can do Snapchat. There is Instagram. Get yourself out there. It is the only way to get your brand the attention it wants and deserves.